- Dr Dan Finn talk and booklaunch, NUI Galway and Charlie Byrne’s bookshop, 14 November 2019.
- ‘Labour, Gender, and Class in the Struggle for Irish Independence, c. 1918-24’ – conference programme.
- CFP: ‘Labour, Gender and Class in the struggle for Irish Independence c. 1918-1924’.
- Ireland and the Wobbly World: conference recordings
- ‘Ireland and the Wobbly World’: Conference in Galway 11-12 November
‘Scattered internati… on Remembering Noel Browne 1915-1…
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: February 2016
CALL FOR PAPERS ONE BIG UNION Ireland and the Wobbly World A conference organised by the Irish Centre for the Histories of Labour & Class NUI Galway 11-12 November 2016 The Industrial Workers of the World (IWW), also known as … Continue reading
W.B. Yeats and the Sharp Hiss Of a Whip A post by Gerry Watts In August 1924, Jim Larkin’s Irish Worker featured a cartoon of William Butler Yeats wielding a whip, and referred to him as the ‘Gentle Poet.’ In … Continue reading
The Irish Centre for the Histories of Labour & Class in association with the Galway Council of Trade Unions present A panel discussion on James Connolly: life, death, and legacy Preceded by short excerpt from The Non-Stop Connolly Show, performed by … Continue reading
Prof. Lionel Pilkington will present a paper entitled ‘Losing Our Way: Capitalism and Cultural Change in Ireland, post-1958’ at the ICHLC monthly seminar this Thursday, 4 February 2016, 4 pm Room GO10, Hardiman Bld, NUI Galway FREE All welcome. Lionel Pilkington … Continue reading