‘The Irish Citizen Army: how significant was it?’
ICHLC panel discussion & debate
THURSDAY, 15 OCT., 8.pm, Galway Mechanics Institute, Middle St,
Dr Ann Matthews, Dr Leo Keohane, Prof. Gavin Foster, and Mr James Curry, Dr Conor McNamara
All welcome; please share
INTRODUCING THE PANELLISTS:
* Ann Matthews is author of The Irish Citizen Army (2014) several books on women in the Irish Revolution, and an acclaimed play, Lockout. She has lectured in History at NUI Maynooth.
* Leo Keohane lectures in Cultural Theory at the Centre for Irish Studies, NUI Galway. A founder of the ICHLC, he is author of Captain Jack White: Imperialism, Anarchism & the Irish Citizen Army (2014).
* James Curry is a PhD Digital Humanities Research Scholar at NUI Galway and an ICHLC founder. His most recent publication (with Ciaran Wallace) is Thomas Fitzpatrick & the Lepracaun Cartoon Monthly (2014).
* Gavin Foster is a professor in History at Concordia University in Montreal.
His most recent book is The Irish Civil War and Society: Politics Class and Conflict (2015).
* Conor McNamara, who will chair the symposium, is the 1916 Scholar-in-Residence at NUI Galway. His book, The 1916 Rebellion: A new illustrated history will appear in November 2015.