For a podcast of the commemoration of the Irish Citizen Army held at Liberty Hall on the 22nd March last, go to https://soundcloud.com/siptusocialmedia/commemoration-of-the-irish
The Constitution of the Irish Citizen Army
1. That the first and last principle of the Irish Citizen Army is the avowal that the ownership of Ireland, moral and material, is vested of right in the people of Ireland.
2. That the Irish Citizen Army shall stand for the absolute unity of Irish nationhood, and shall support the rights and liberties of the democracies of all nations.
3. That one of its objects shall be to sink all differences of birth, property and creed under the common name of Irish people.
4. That the Irish Citizen Army shall be open to all who accept the principle of equal rights and opportunities for the Irish people.
5. Before being enrolled, every applicant must, if eligible, be a member of his trade union, such union to be recognised by the Irish Trade Union Congress.